RULE OF THUMB PLEDGE
University of MarylandRULE OF THUMB PLEDGE
This pledge is a personal commitment to help keep everyone safe from sexual violence, domestic violence, harassment, assault and rape. It is a promise to be a part of the solution, and not to be a bystander to the problem.
- To RECOGNIZE that non-consensual sex is sexual assault.
- To ESTABLISH meaningful consent with a partner before engaging in sexual activity.
- To CREATE an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable.
- To IDENTIFY situations in which sexual assault may occur.
- To INTERVENE in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
- To INTERRUPT conversations that promote a culture of sexual violence.
- To RECOGNIZE the power of my voice and my actions to prevent sexual violence.
- To SUPPORT survivors and help to create a survivor supportive environment.