The University of Maryland is committed to maintaining a working and learning environment free from sexual harassment and sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, dating and domestic violence/abuse, sexual exploitation, and sexual intimidation (collectively known as “Prohibited Conduct”). The complete policies and procedures can be found in Section VI of the Policies section on the president's site.
Prohibited Conduct can occur between strangers or acquaintances, including people involved in an intimate or sexual relationship. Prohibited Conduct can be committed by any person, regardless of gender identity, and can occur between people of the same or different sex, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
For the specific policy definitions of prohibited conduct, refer to University of Maryland Sexual Misconduct Policy & Procedures on the president's site.
Annual Sexual Misconduct Reports
- UMD Student Sexual Misconduct Reports 2020-21 and 2021-22
- UMD Student Sexual Misconduct Report 2019-2020
- UMD Student Sexual Misconduct Report 2018-2019 (pdf)
- UMD Student Sexual Misconduct Report 2017-2018 (pdf)
- UMD Student Sexual Misconduct Report 2016-2017 (pdf)
- UMD Student Sexual Misconduct Report 2015-2016 (pdf)
- UMD Student Sexual Misconduct Report 2014-2015 (pdf)